Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It All Sounds Greek To Me... NOT ANYMORE! :-)

Now Greek doesn't "sound too Greek" to me anymore (haha!). It's beginning to make sense.  
* * *
Studying the Biblical Languages (Hebrew in 2009 and currently, Greek) is one of the most unexpected, yet one of the most awesome blessings that God has given me! :-)

I just finished another afternoon of Greek class earlier today... and while my brain is super mushy, I find that my heart is super happy! :-)  

(oh and my tummy gets super hungry after 2 1/2 hours of lessons & exercises!) :-)

It's not just the challenge of learning a new language that gets my adrenalin going... but the prospect of someday being able to read and understand all the original Biblical texts... gosh, this just fires me up! :-)

Buuut... I have quite a ways to go in this journey (for both languages, which I am striving to learn simultaneously -- one inside and the other outside the classroom!).  I have tons of vocabulary words to commit to memory... tons of conjugations, declensions, subject-verb / noun-adjective agreements, parsing and ultimately, translating to do :-)

However, as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow (for lack of a more creative line -- like I said, my brain is mush right now)... I am certain that it will all be worth it. 

Baruch Hashem! ( "Blessed be the Name" or "Blessed be God") :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment