Sunday, July 17, 2011

God, the Master Weaver : Part 2

Our lives are truly like a piece of fabric woven carefully and beautifully by God, our Master Weaver... if we let Him.  

In one of my previous posts (God, the Master Weaver), I shared how my "training" from being involved in countless extra-curricular activities throughout my high school and college years really helps me in the various ministries I am involved with today. Now I realize yet another way that He has woven together my past [experiences] into my present.  


From about 2002-2007, my friends and I ran a small graphic design business.  We designed all sorts of print materials from posters, to flyers, to banners, to business cards, etc.  I was one of the Account Executives in our team -- the person who had to shuffle between the clients to our artists and back (and forth).  Throughout several years of doing this day in and day out, I eventually learned to use the software for layouting (Adobe Illustrator).  I also picked up a few design techniques from our artists (including keyboard shortcuts -- thank you, James Lo!).  In fact, when our team was swamped with work, I would end up doing some of the layout work myself.  Also, I learned how to work with printing presses and learned their 'language' (Final Art, Proofing, Pantone Colors, etc!). 


Fast Forward to the Present.


I am sooooo thankful to have had those 5 years of experience in the graphic design industry.  While I will never reach the level of skill our team of designers possessed (James, Nenkers and Mic -- I'm not worthy!), I find myself constantly able to use this skill in my various ministries today.  


Just this weekend, I was part of the OrgCom of the 12th Annual CBAP (Catholic Biblical Association of the Philippines) Convention and one of my tasks was to produce some streamers for the event.        



I'm also regularly coming up with designs/layouts in the school where I work part time (The Learning Child School), or in the school for the deaf where I volunteer in (Joseph Gualandi School for Hearing Impaired) or in the school where I study (Divine Word Seminary).  I even get to help my best friend's catering business (Your Moveable Feast) with this skill!  

Thanks for being an awesome Master Weaver, God!!! :-)


"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps." (Prov 16:9 NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment